Not everyone is an expert on ladders and not everyone has a large vehicle and garage to store a ladder in either.
Gone are the days when ladders were basic structures – with the one size fitted all approach. Then there was the danger factor to consider too. Thankfully, nowadays non slip feet, safety platforms and integral stabilizers are fitted as standard to ensure your safety.
So where should you start if you are a ‘ladder novice’?
The first thing you should ensure when buying any ladder is that it meets the required safety standard. In the UK there are 3 classification levels for aluminium ladders and step ladders. These are determined by the type of work that they will be used for, with all 3 classifications being within the scope of BS 2037. The individual ratings are:
Class 1 – Industrial Ladders.
These are very heavy duty aluminium ladders with a load rating of 175kg (27.5 stones). They would normally be used for heavy industrial or site work, although may, of course, be used around the home or workplace.
EN 131 Trade Ladders (previously Class 2)
These “Trade Quality” ladders are the most popular grade of aluminium ladder in Europe at present (EN 131 is a European wide standard) and carry a load rating of 150kg (23.5 stones). They are suitable for use by in the workplace (except as above) and for home use.
Class 3 – Domestic Ladders
These “DIY” aluminium ladders are produced solely for domestic use and carry a load rating of 95kg (15 stones). They are very lightweight and are not suitable for use in the workplace. Here at BPS Access Solutions, we don’t stock these type of ladders at all due to their inferior quality.
Can you store your ladder safely and securely?
Once you are satisfied with the safety aspect, you then need to consider what use you have in mind for your ladder and any constraints you may have on transportation and storage. If space or security is an issue, do not despair! At BPS Access Solutions we stock a wide range of ladders to suit every need. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff can advice you on the best ladder for your needs. We have ladders that meet both DIY and Trade standards to whether you are a business owner or enjoy doing DIY within your home then we have a ladder for you.
Here is a general guide to the purpose and uses for different types of ladder you may come across during your search. These are the ladders sold at BPS Access Solutions www.ladderandscaffoldtowers.co.uk and must not be confused with inferior products sold elsewhere. The guide will also give you an idea of the size of the ladder – many of our models can be stored in a cupboard or under the bed and are transportable in a car boot. No need for expensive roof racks or a large garage!
An insight into our most popular ladders
Whether you need to work on a conservatory roof, the stairs or simply to the top of a windowsill, we have a ladder to suit your needs. We eliminate dangers associated with over stretching, working on fragile roofs and dangerous stairwell constructions with a ladder that resolves the need to take dangerous risks.
Below we have detailed our best selling ladders, however we have many more in our range. These ladders below are famed for their dependability, safety and unbeatable quality.
Multi Purpose Ladder
The Multi Purpose Ladder is by far the most versatile ladder in the world – the ultimate Multi Purpose Ladder that can be used in 13 positions!! (yes 13!) and is available in 3 sizes.
- Very strong – EN131 Part 1 & 2 1993 Certified (Trade & DIY use) – NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH WEAKER NON CERTIFIED LADDERS FOR DIY USE ONLYMaximum load a massive 150 kg (23.5 stone).
- Supplied complete with extra strong safe interlocking 1.5mm thick platform – BEWARE, SOME OTHERS ARE SUPPLIED WITH WEAKER PLATFORMS.
True multi-function ladder – possibly the only ladder you will ever need.
- Can be used as an extension ladder, double sided step ladder, stair step ladder, stair platform, stand off ladder, painting or gardening platform, free standing ladder and work bench.
- Multi Purpose Ladder features stabilisers with extra large red rubber feet giving 100% grip to floor surface, and ensuring maximum stability and safety in use.
- Non slip “ridged” rungs ensuring maximum safety
- Compact to store and transport – will easily fit into a car boot or cupboard
- A cost effective solution to all of your access requirements
- Available in 3 sizes (choose from foot of page)
The revolutionary Telescopic Ladder and Trio triple-use Telescopic Ladder is available in 2 sizes
In our opinion, the Telescopic Ladder is probably the most innovative access product to hit the market in recent years. As such, there are many inferior products in the marketplace that are neither as safe, strong nor durable as our ladders. We are delighted to announce two new products to supplement our already strong line up of ladders – the new Telescopic Ladder and unique Trio triple-use Telescopic Ladder. Both are top quality ladders, and are an ideal “piece of kit” for surveyors, all building trades and householders. They are suitable for use inside and out, at home, in the office or on-site.
- The clever new alternative to conventional ladders. Our Telescopic Ladder has many applications both at work and around the home
- Ladder supplied with unique safety stabiliser bars fitted with large rubber feet to protect floor surfaces and give great grip in all positions
- Supplied with heavy duty carry bag incorporating shoulder strap for ease of transport and ultimate protection of your Telescopic Ladder
- Ladder opens and closes “rung by rung”, meaning that it can be used at multiple heights up to 3.85m (12′ 8″)
- You open only to the height required giving great manoeuvrability, particularly in confined spaces
- Extremely compact in storage and transport therefore easily fits into cupboard, under the bed or in a car boot
- Manufactured to European Standard EN131 (Trade & DIY use) for your reassurance and safety
- Very strong – maximum load 150kg (23.5 stone), yet being only 11.5kg in weight – is easily carried
- Anodised aluminium finish – clean to touch and not “oily”
- Large anti-slip rungs for comfort and safety
Trio Telescopic Ladder only (in addition to the above)
- Triple-use telescopic ladder – can be used as an extension ladder (height 3.85m / 12’7″), double sided step ladder (must be used fully extended – height 1.9m/6’3″) or stair step ladder.
- Twin stabiliser bars fitted
- Supplied with full instructions written in plain English
There are many weaker, inferior telescopic ladders available. We have scoured the market and we are really happy to put our name to this one which has been fully tested and is superior to others both in quality and value for money. Buy from THE leading ladder experts.
Platform Step Ladders
The complete Platform Step Ladder for TRADE/DIY use and is available in 7 sizes
Top quality – includes integral platform and high safety rail
The complete Platform Step Ladder that offers ease of use, stability and safety
- EN131 Certified (European Trade & DIY Standard) for your safety and reassurance
- Very strong for your safety and reassurance – weight rating 150kg (23.5 stone)
- Large 250mm (10”) ribbed platform for maximum safety and comfort
- 75mm (3”) ribbed steps for safe climbing
- Non-slip, non-conductive plastic feet for extra grip to floor
- High level safety rail for added support and safety
- Smooth, quiet opening/closing action
- Folds flat for easy storage and transportation
- Manufactured from anodised aluminium so light but durable and smooth to touch
Extension Ladders with Integral Stabiliser
Triple Extension Ladder for Trade/DIY use and is available in 6 sizes
Top quality – includes integral horizontal stabiliser
- EN131 certified (Trade &DIY use) for your safety and reassurance
- Very strong – weight rating 150kg (23.5 stone)
- Unique auto locking clamps fitted to lock ladder sections firmly in place for added safety and peace of mind
- Brand new design featuring anti slip rungs
- Overlapping rubber feet fitted giving 100% stability and maximum grip to floor
- Ergonomically designed oblong shaped profile giving added safety and comfort
- Extremely versatile – can be used as 1 , 2 or 3 section ladder
- Lightweight construction for ease of use, but very strong
- Being a 3 section ladder – more compact in storage and transport than its 2 section equivalent
- Rungs set only 265mm (10.5”) apart making the ladder easier and more comfortable to climb. Some ladders have rungs 280mm (11”) or even 300mm (12”) apart
Combi All In One Extension Ladders, Step Ladders and Free Standing Ladder
Extremely versatile and top quality – the complete Combination Ladders for trade/DIY use. Integral horizontal stabiliser included and is available in 6 sizes
The complete Combination Ladders that offer versatility, stability and safety
- EN131 certified (Trade & DIY use) for your safety and reassurance
- Very strong – weight rating 150kg (23.5 stone)
- Rungs set just 265mm (10.5”) apart making the ladder comfortable, safe and easy to climb
- “The only ladder that you will ever need” – can be used as a double sided step ladder, 2 or 3 section extension ladder, single ladder but, most usefully and originally, as a free standing ladder
- Saves space in storage as this is a 3 section ladder, also more compact to transport than the 2 section equivalent
- Metal retaining brace fitted for added safety when ladder used in double sided step and free standing ladder configurations
- Rubber feet fitted to integral stabiliser for 100% stability and reassurance in use
- Unique auto locking clips secure ladder sections firmly in place for added safety and peace of mind when used in 2 and 3 section extension ladder configurations
- New anti-slip rungs for safe use, and ergonomically designed oblong stile profile for added comfort
- Unique sliding mechanism for easy conversion to other mode
Easy Throw Escape Ladder
Fire can engulf your home in 60 seconds! Are you prepared with a quick and safe method of escape from fire (and other) hazards? This EASY THROW Escape Ladder is the world’s leading emergency escape tool and, in our opinion, every home should have at least one. We have an Easy-Throw Escape Ladder suitable for most properties – both two and three storey and it can even be fitted to dormer windows and is available in 3 sizes
- Extra wide (350mm / 14″) treads – wider than others on the market, making the ladder more stable and therefore easier and safer to use
- Very strong steel hooks with “X” type centre support for great stability in use
- Durable, tangle free and flame resistant design for your safety and reassurance
- Quick and easy deployment – vital in an emergency
- Very strong – maximum load 450kg (70.9 stone) and can be used by up to 3 people at the same time
- Lightweight aluminium construction for ease of use
- Easily stored – will fit under most beds or in a wardrobe
- Supplied ready assembled for your convenience
- A “must have” for every home
- Compact hook size – only 30cm (12″) wide and suitable for walls up to 30cm (12″) thick, therefore will fit most applications
- Supplied with full instructions written in plain English
- Ladder packed in an attractive box making it an ideal present
Unbeatable customer service
At BPS Access Solutions, we scour the internet to ensure we bring you unbeatable prices! Order on line or over the telephone before 3pm and you will receive your ladder the next working day. Free delivery to UK mainland is included in the price as well as VAT and a free lifetime guarantee on your ladder.
For more information about our ladders including videos, sizing information and other important safety information, please visit our ladders section http://www.laddersandscaffoldtowers.co.uk/acatalog/ladders.html
Ladders and Scaffold Towers are a Leading UK Distributor of Ladders
, Loft Ladders
, Scaffold Towers
, Aluminium Ladders
, Extension Ladders
, Ladder Accessories
and all access equipment.