Continuing on with our theme for the must have DIY essentials that every home should have, today we bring you the amazing benefits of owning your own DIY Scaffold Tower.
Often when scaffold towers are mentioned, people assume that they’re the preserve of industry professionals. In actual fact, scaffold towers are often a safer option than working on a ladder and in recent years, we have seen a growing uptake of scaffold towers amongst the DIY fraternity. Once the benefits of a scaffold tower have been sold, you will find yourself hooked….
Looking for a flexible solution?
The great thing about scaffold towers are their versatility. If you are looking for a complete solution which you can use in your home and outside your home then a scaffold tower is a good option. A scaffold tower is the ultimate access solution as it gives you the space needed to move around without the fear of slipping or falling. It is the safest option available when working at height, especially for longer periods of time and when carrying out work when working on a ladder would not be practical, such as when pruning bushes or decorating indoors.
Of course before purchase, it is important that the scaffold tower you have in mind is both safe and suitable for your needs. Here at BPS Access Solutions, we put a lot of thought into our products we sell for home use. Our products therefore have your safety and security at the forefront of what we offer. Our DIY scaffold towers offer no less than this.
- Our DIY Scaffold tower is supplied with colour coded braces making this tower very easy to erect. This is an important feature not found on other scaffold towers. We also supply safety stabiliser bars and trapdoor platforms as free upgrades on purchasing our DIY Scaffold tower, making this the safest DIY scaffold tower of its class available.
Why this tower is perfect for using at home
Our DIY scaffold towers are growing a name for themselves as being a compliment to any home tool kit. Available in 4 sizes, you will find one to suit your needs whether you are undertaking a variety of jobs around the house or have specific tasks in mind such as decorating your stairwell, cleaning and/or painting your windows or pruning trees.
There are also lots more unique features built into this tower that are not found on other comparable models. Remember, in many outlets, the DIY standard often means a minimum somewhat inferior quality to the product. At BPS Access Solutions, we offer a superior standard on all our products that is over and above the offering found in other outlets – we know this because we have compared the market.
The Safety Features Explained
- Extra strong welded frames with an easy grip, non slip ‘ribbed’ profile
- End height adjustment for stair use, over steps etc.
- stabiliser bars fitted for extra stability
- Fully welded frame structure normally only seen on more expensive industrial towers for supreme strength and therefore safety. Most DIY scaffold towers have horizontal bars that pass through holes in the uprights and are ‘crimped’ on the outside. These are not as strong or durable as our tower.
- What you see is what you get with our tower. There is no need to pay extra for platforms, wheels etc. with inferior steel alternatives. Some have unsafe/unfixed scaffold boards to stand on. Everything you need is included.
- The tower is climbed internally through a trapdoor which is then lowered and forms part of the platform
- Our 6m and 7m scaffold towers come fully loaded with with an additional platform, further braces and handrails and 4 large telescopic outriggers.
What size scaffold tower do I need?
As a general guide our 6m and 7m DIY scaffold towers are ideal for decorating the outside of most 2 storey homes. We always recommend that you measure accurately before purchasing if you have a specific job in mind.
Platforms on all sizes of our DIY scaffold tower can be set at a variety of increments ensuring a comfortable working height for all manner of jobs.
What about storage?
Although a scaffold tower can appear very bulky, they need very little room when it comes to storage. The 4m and 5m scaffold towers fold down to just 2m in height with the 6m and 7m scaffold towers folding down to just 2.2m in height. All sizes of scaffold tower need just 68cm of width.
There is no need to be concerned about the material deteriorating if in storage for a long time. The platform is made from marine plywood so it will not deteriorate like others and has a non-slip surface. The tower itself it made from aluminium so it will not rust like its galvanised steel alternatives.
The other advantage is the light weight of the scaffold tower thus making it easy to move around and transport if necessary.
Why our customers buy this tower
We understand the complex thought processes required to ensure the correct equipment for your home project is purchased. So why do other people buy a DIY Scaffold tower from us?
Firstly is is the towers extreme versatility – it can be used in a variety of locations and in a variety of positions including part erected.
It’s also the service that BPS Access Solutions has become acclaimed for. We offer free next delivery on all products as well as a lifetime guarantee on all ladders and scaffold towers.
The scaffold tower also comes from an ISO 9001 registered manufacturer so you know the tower has come from a factory you can trust.
Having a scaffold tower of your own can save expensive hire costs if you need to clean out your gutters or fascias. Using it just a couple of times can recoup hire fees and you can still use your scaffold tower to safely carry out other jobs in and around your home.
So if you are looking for a versatile toolbox essential, look no further!
No related posts.