We have found this article and accompanying image on the internet. The person writing the original article very accurately describes this scaffold tower as ‘hardly any safer than a long ladder’
We hate to think of the safety implications for these men using the scaffold tower – there is a distinct lack of safety precaution and they seem quite at home scaling the outside of the scaffold tower in order to reach the meagre board that appears to have been placed half way up. It also appears they have another board attached to a rope that they are no doubt trying to place at a higher point on the scaffold tower.
The scaffold tower is this picture has absolutely no safety features at all and is a death trap to say the least. The scaffold tower lacks braces, no platforms and highly inadequate access. If ever there was an example of poor practice when assembling a scaffold tower, then this is it!
What does a safe scaffold tower consist of?
A scaffold tower is an ideal solution when working at height and are a highly useful alternative to ladders when there is a lot of work to complete at height.
A scaffold tower will be:
* Rigid and Stable
* Have large working platforms that will comfortably accommodate a worker along with the tools and materials required for the job in hand.
* Is Self supporting
Safety features to look for:
* Colour coded bracing – this will avoid any mistakes when erecting the scaffold tower for use ensuring it is safely assembled and braced.
What we offer that others don’t:
* Platforms are included. Inferior scaffold towers will require purchase of timber boards separately. Our platforms are made of a special non-slip texture avoiding slipping.
* Fully colour coded bracing
* Extra sturdy 40mm diameter frame featuring durable welded joints, other scaffold towers use a crimping method that works lose over time.
* All our scaffold towers are sold with everything needed – there are no expensive extras or accessories to buy.
* End height adjustment is included meaning you can use our scaffold towers on stairs
Finally and very importantly, our scaffold towers comes from an ISO 9001:2008 manufacturer.
Safety is our paramount concern unlike this ‘Cuba death wish’
No related posts.